Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Morning Run

Well, it's day 3. I haven't done my workout for today yet but after yesterday, that seems like a good thing. As I dragged myself out of bed yesterday morning and hopped on the treadmill, I was filled with many emotions. The foremost being anger. I was angry that I was unable to pop up with loads of energy to direct toward the treadmill. I was also very curious. How are some folks able to do this?

Don't get me wrong. I've been starting to make morning workouts somewhat of a routine. If 2 or 3 days a week counts as a routine. I can wake up and cycle without much trouble and I can certainly wake up and swim with the elderly women of my building. I cannot, however, wake up and run.

As I limped my way to the finish of 3 miles I cannot say I was filled with joy and accomplishment. It was more a feeling of dread: is every run going to be like this? When I was in better shape, 3 miles was a cinch. Yesterday, the only thing cinching were my quad muscles.

Right then and there I decided indoor running will be done in the evening . Kudos to those who can hop up, throw on their shoes, and plow through a treadmill run at 5:30 am. I will, as always, accept my weaknesses and watch Tuesday & Thursday night programming as I plod along for miles. But tonight, I will bask in the glory of cross training.

Day 3 and I haven't quit yet. Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit"
    ~Aristotle

    Just keep pushing through, it only takes two weeks to create a habit. I can call you at 4:45am everyday if that helps :)

    ReplyDelete