Monday, February 8, 2010

Infinitely More Awesome

To keep my millions of fans appropriately updated, I do need to discuss the 2 runs I completed after last Tuesday's run. Thursday night I did a 3 mile treadmill run. I was filled with terror before stepping on the belt thanks to the pain and misery leftover from Tuesday morning. My fears soon vanished though as I embarked on one of the best treadmill runs I've had in oh, a year. It was one of those rare combinations of energy and rage that powered me through to a strong finish. It felt great and was extremely empowering.

Which was good, because Friday morning I had to wake up and run 4 miles before departing for Columbus. I decided to run on the Towpath because I had the rare opportunity of running outside during the day. For some reason it never entered my half-wit mind that there would be a blanket of snow on the trail. When I realized this I chose to run on it anyway. Why? Because I'm stubborn and I like to feel superior. I had another great run which was again very uplifting. I also realized I was awesome. I ran 4 miles in conditions that could best be described as sand-like. I ran 4 miles in snow that was like sand on a cold Friday morning and I decided I was infinitely more awesome than everyone else in the world at that moment in time.

If you had told me this a year ago, I would have laughed. 4 miles was nothing to me then but after taking the better part of a year off of running, it felt like a significant accomplishment. It gave me back some of the confidence I needed and, dare I say, made me feel like I may once again be bitten by the running bug. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment