Monday, February 8, 2010

A Day Late & A Dollar Short

Well, that title is a bit misleading. I'm right around 4 days late in terms of blog posts and many, many dollars short. I spent the weekend in Columbus, Ohio, God's metropolitan gift to man. I had an absolutely ridiculous and fantastic weekend with my friends. It was a great boost for my spirits as this cold winter drags on. It was not, however, a boost for my marathon training plan. I ate like garbage and imbibed a bit more... eh... fluids... than necessary. Today I woke up feeling completely exhausted, obese, and laaaaazy. Thank heavens the only thing on the marathoning agenda is stretching and strength. While this weekend was incredibly fun, it was also eye-opening. College last four years for a reason and serious runners take care of their bodies very well. I'll pretty much be on the straight and narrow until May 16th when this race takes place. The best way to fall off the racing wagon is to fall off the wagon. And I refuse to quit because I didn't take care of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment